Sunday, January 17, 2010

Colonics & Me

I’m always interested to hear the new ‘weight loss secrets’ that seem to come out each week in a new magazine. It’s probably because I’m petrified of failure, and somewhat associate success with ones personal appearance. I’m not fat, I know that, but I also know I’m not perfect.

At the beginning of 2009 I was 62kg, and set myself the goal of getting to 55kg by the end of the year. On December 31st 2009 I was 55.4kg – pretty happy with myself, I set the bar higher (actually lower) for this years goal. I’m hoping to get to at least 49kg. I am quite short so this would still be a healthy weight for me, and hopefully I’d be able to fit into a NZ size 6 – not sure what this is in US sizes but I thinks its also a 6 in the UK. When I can fit this dress size, I think I’ll be satisfied.

Anyway, back to where I was originally going with this post – the latest way to lose weight that I’ve read about is through a colonic – which is wear they put a pipe up your bum and suck out all the shit and stuff that’s got stuck in your colon. Sounds grose, and from past experiences that I won’t go into, it’s never nice having things stuck up your bum.
BUT the results sound really good. First of all you can lose up to 3.5kgs immediately, just from the stuff they suck out of you. Secondly, because they get rid of this stuff, it means you can process food much faster and more efficiently, which also helps to lose weight steadily long-term. It also helps to decrease your chances of getting colon cancer, which I really don’t fancy getting, so sounds good to me.

I’d kind of like to hear from someone that’s had this procedure, or knows someone that’s had this procedure – is it all its cracked up to be (lol… crack). I’ve had a quick search and its about $90, which is about a days work for me, so I could afford it – it might just mean missing out on a new dress for the weekend.

In writing this I’ve kind of convinced myself into getting one – if nothing more than to kick start my weight loss for the year. I’ll let you know how it goes (excluding the gory details.) TBC…

1 comment:

  1. OmyGOSH! that actually sounds like not a bad idea at all! I never had it, but I can see why you want it. **3.5 kgs + lasting benefits**?

    Im in, tee hee..Congrats on losing all that weight. Plus I love the title of your blog. I dont know where New Zealand is. lol, may you reach ur goals asap :) !

    ReplyDelete